Sunday, October 24, 2010

A quick update

The last month and half has been absolutely packed with work, largely because I've spent so much time traveling this year that a ton of work has piled up. We recently finished the elephant shrew project that we started shortly after I arrived last year and I've been busy writing the manuscript. I've also managed to get a couple of other manuscripts finished and submitted in the last month, so I'm finally starting to dig out a bit.

To add to the stress, it's job application time and I've been submitting applications left and right to universities all over North America. To that end, I'm going to be heading back to the States for about 3 months this winter. The tentative plan is to arrive in Missouri about the 9th or 10th of December and fly back to South Africa sometime around the end of February. I'll be at a meeting in Salt Lake City the first week of January and I'm going to spend a couple of weeks in Winnipeg working on a project. With any luck, I'll actually have a job interview or two as well. Otherwise, I have no real plans and will probably be looking for something to do during that time and would like to see some of my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment